WestlawRewards® FantasySCOTUS Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Eligibility. The WestlawRewards FantasySCOTUS Contest (“Contest”) is only open for entry to legal residents of the United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are 21 years old or older and are enrolled in a school-approved course of study as a full or part time student at participating ABA accredited law schools in the foregoing jurisdictions at the time of entry “Participant”. Employees, officers and directors of Thomson Reuters (“Sponsor”), Gage Marketing Group, LLC, The Harlan Institute, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies and the members of their immediate family (parents, siblings, children & spouse) regardless of where they live or those persons living in the same household of such employees/officers/directors, whether related or not, are ineligible (with the exception that West Student Representatives are eligible). NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Void where prohibited by law.
Contest Period. Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Central Time (CT), 1/25/13 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT, 4/30/13 (“Contest Period”). The Harlan Institute’s computer is the official clock for the purposes of the Contest.
How To Play.
- During the Contest Period, go to http://www.fantasyscotus.net and follow steps to sign up as an individual Participant or a Team (Teams are defined in #2). For new and existing FantasySCOTUS accounts, to participate as an individual (“Individual Participant”), you MUST designate your occupation as “Law Student” from the drop down menu under “Other Information” on the user profile page. There is no cost or obligation for eligible students to obtain a FantasySCOTUS password. Limit of two (2) FantasySCOTUS accounts per law student (one for an Individual Participant and one for Contest Team Captains).
- Individuals eligible for participation in the Contest may also participate collectively as a “Team”, which may include at least two (2), but not more than four (4) additional individual Team members in addition to the team captain (e.g., a minimum of three (3) members and a maximum total of five (5) members in a participating Team).
a. Each team must designate a “Team Captain” who must sign up at http://www.fantasyscotus.net with a unique email address (different email address than used if participating as an individual)
b. The Team Captain will then need to go to http://www.fantasyscotus.net/leagues/twen/ and join the “Law Student Team Competition”
c. The Team Captain will enter his or her team’s case predictions. A team can only enter one set of predictions by the Team Captain. If more than one set of predictions is entered for the team the team will be disqualified.
Membership on Teams cannot fluctuate during Contest Period. Participants can join a maximum of one (1) Team. Each Team is solely responsible for its own collaboration and cooperation with respect to Contest participation. In no event will Sponsor officiate in any dispute regarding the activities and participation of Team members.
- During the Contest Period, follow the steps to predict, for each case, how each of the nine Justices of the Supreme Court will vote. A Justice can vote to AFFIRM, REVERSE the lower court, or RECUSE from the case and not cast a vote. Individual Participants/Team Captains can make predictions at any point before the case is decided, though predictions will be disabled on all days the Supreme Court announces that opinions will be released. For each correct guess, Individual Participants/Team Captains will receive 10 points. If a user correctly guesses the votes of all nine Justices, he or she will receive a bonus 10 points.
By entering the Contest, each Individual Participant/Team warrants that Individual Participant’s/Team’s right to participate is not restricted in any way. Should Sponsor or Administrator become aware of any potential dispute between a Individual Participant/Team and/or any alleged collaborator that would impair the validity of participation for purposes of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to exclude Individual Participants/Teams from the Contest.
How to Win: The team with the highest number of points by 11:59:59 PM CT, 4/30/13 will win the Team Grand Prize, the team with the second highest number of points will win the Team First Prize and the team with the third highest number of points will win the Team Second Prize, subject to verification. For those who competed as Individual Participants, the Individual Participant with the highest number of points by 11:59:59 PM CT, 4/30/13 for each eligible participating law school will be the Individual Grand Prize winner (one (1) winner per eligible law school), subject to verification. If an eligible school does not have participants, a prize will not be awarded to that school.
In the event of a tie, a random drawing of tied entries will be conducted by the Sponsor to determine the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final. Potential winners will be notified by email.
Upon notification of winning, the team captain will be responsible for submitting the names, addresses and phone numbers of the other team members to the Sponsor.
(1) Grand Prize: one (1) $300 Visa gift card to each Team Participant
(1) First Prize: one (1) $150 Visa gift card to each Team Participant
(1) Second Prize: one (1) $50 Visa gift card to each Team Participant
Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions contained on gift cards. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards.
Individual Grand Prizes & ARV (Approximate Retail Value)-
(Maximum 202) (one (1) Grand Prize winner from each participating eligible school) – 1,000 WestlawRewards Points. ARV: $12.75. For Westlaw Rewards Points – Winners must be or become WestlawRewards Members. Existing WestlawRewards Members must be in good standing with an assigned Westlaw student password. If winner isn’t a WestlawRewards member, they must join by 5/10/13, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest point winner for that school. WestlawRewards Points Claims. Usage of WestlawRewards Points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the WestlawRewards Program, available at www.westlawrewards.com. WestlawRewards Points are redeemable for merchandise specified in the WestlawRewards online catalog.
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Any Commonwealth of Puerto Rico taxes or assessments levied on the prizes as of the date of delivery thereof to the winner shall be the sole responsibility of the winner of the sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any unspecified incidental expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of prize is winner’s sole responsibility. Winners will be notified by email. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be assigned. No prize substitution, but Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute cash or a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
General Terms: By participating, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Thomson Reuters, Gage Marketing Group, LLC, the Harlan Institute, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages to person (including death) and/or property of any kind caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner agrees to the use of winner’s name and address (city, state), likeness, photograph and/or voice as well as any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor (provided they are true) for advertising/publicity/trade purposes, including use on the lawschool.westlaw.com and/or westlawrewards.com website(s), without notice or further compensation.
Winners List. For a winners list, send a self addressed stamped envelope in a separate first class stamped envelope to: FantasySCOTUS Winners List, P.O. Box 27805, Golden Valley, MN, 55427. Requests must be received by April 30, 2013.
Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Thomson Reuters, 610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN, 55123.